The 9-Year Rule Rears Its Ugly Head
July 31, 2011
Posted by on
Here’s something I need to point out:
- Scott Smith has been fighting for 10 years.
- Robbie Lawler has been fighting for 10 years.
- Marloes Coenen has been fighting for 10 years.
- Fedor Emelianenko has been fighting for 11 years.
- These fighters are a combined 4-11 since reaching the respective 9-year mark of their careers.
And somehow, Dan Henderson continues to defy the 9-Year Rule. Now in his 15th year of fighting, Henderson is simply winning fights at a career stage that is unprecedented in major MMA history.