SILVA predictions for UFC on Versus 5
August 14, 2011
Posted by on
Here they are:
PRELIMINARY FIGHTS ON FACEBOOK
- 135 lbs: Jason Reinhardt (23.76 SILVA) over Edwin Figueroa (19.47)
- 155 lbs: Jacob Volkmann (34.27) over Danny Castillo (30.97)
- 155 lbs: Cole Miller (27.27) over T.J. O’Brien (25.51)
- 145 lbs: Jim Hettes (21.66) over Alex Caceres (5.24)
- 205 lbs: Ronny Markes (29.73) over Karlos Vemola (26.20)
- 185 lbs: Kyle Noke (30.25) over Ed Herman (26.73)
- 135 lbs: Joseph Benavidez (38.13) over Eddie Wineland (28.30)
- 185 lbs: C.B. Dollaway (32.61) over Jared Hamman (30.90)
MAIN CARD FIGHTS ON VERSUS
- 170 lbs: Amir Sadollah (30.74) over Duane Ludwig (25.05)
- 155 lbs: Donald Cerrone (36.93) over Charles Oliveira (32.92)
- 155 lbs: Jim Miller (48.82) over Ben Henderson (35.83)
- 170 lbs: Dan Hardy (34.02) over Chris Lytle (28.67)
I’m very excited to watch the main card. All four fights look like potential barn-burners. Sadollah-Ludwig is a battle of strikers, Miller-Henderson is a battle of guys who always fight hard, Hardy-Lytle should be a slugfest, and I’m not sure Charles Oliveira is capable of putting on a boring fight.
The big underdog pick of the card
Here’s the problem. There are two big underdog picks made by SILVA, but as I explained in their individual fight previews, both Jason Reinhardt and Ronny Markes have obviously broken SILVA scores. Reinhardt has an inflated Fight Level from beating an opponent in Theodore Reynol who was undefeated against a bunch of opponents with no wins, and Markes has an inflated Fight Level from beating an opponent in Paulo Filho who is subjectively a severely diminished fighter from what he once was. My personal picks to win those fights are the betting favorites: Edwin Figueroa and Karlos Vemola, respectively.
That leaves no real big underdog picks. The closest thing you’ll find is Donald Cerrone, who isn’t close to a big underdog, but is my only pick who is really an underdog at all.