SILVA Predictions for UFC on Versus 6
September 30, 2011
Posted by on
And here weeeeeeee gooooooooooooooooo:
PRELIMINARY FIGHTS ON FACEBOOK
- 135 lbs: Walel Watson (21.10 SILVA) over Joseph Sandoval (19.64)
- 170 lbs: Josh Neer (28.87) over Keith Wisniewski (15.76)
- 155 lbs: Shane Roller (32.51) over T.J. Grant (31.06)
- 135 lbs: Mike Easton (20.32) over Byron Bloodworth (14.44)
- 155 lbs: Paul Sass (44.64) over Michael Johnson (27.01)
- 155 lbs: Yves Edwards (28.83) over Rafaello Oliveira (25.72)
MAIN CARD FIGHTS ON VERSUS
- 155 lbs: Matt Wiman (31.67) over Mac Danzig (26.33)
- 170 lbs: Charlie Brenneman (36.51) over Anthony Johnson (29.97)
- 265 lbs: Stefan Struve (35.34) over Pat Barry (26.65)
- UFC bantamweight championship (135 lbs): Dominick Cruz (48.23) over Demetrious Johnson (34.70)
This is a darn good fight card to be airing for free; not only is there a rare championship fight on free TV, there are very respectable fights throughout the main card, with a few great fights on the prelims as well. I think it should be a good one.
The big underdog pick of the card
No big underdog pick this time, but two smaller underdogs. On the main card, I’m picking Stefan Struve, who is an underdog to Pat Barry, and on the prelims, I’m picking Paul Sass, who is an underdog to Michael Johnson. Charlie Brenneman is an underdog as well, but I’m personally going against SILVA on that one, and picking Anthony Johnson to win the fight.
I need to put a special emphasis on Sass, as not only am I picking him to win his fight, but SILVA estimates him to be an “elite” lightweight fighter in MMA. I need to stress the word “estimate” as Sass has yet to prove himself against very tough competition, but regardless, I’m going out on a limb with that one.