SILVA Predictions for UFC 137
October 29, 2011
Posted by on
Here they are:
- 185 lbs: Dustin Jacoby (23.37) over Clifford Starks (19.29)
- 185 lbs: Francis Carmont (21.38) over Chris Camozzi (21.22)
- 155 lbs: Danny Downes (31.23) over Ramsey Nijem (20.49)
- 205 lbs: Brandon Vera (30.05) over Eliot Marshall (29.64)
Spike TV Fights
- 145 lbs: Tyson Griffin (33.88) over Bart Palaszewski (33.19)
- 155 lbs: Donald Cerrone (43.49) over Dennis Siver (30.51)
Main Card Fights
- 145 lbs: Hatsu Hioki (27.84) over George Roop (26.26)
- 135 lbs: Scott Jorgensen (29.99) over Jeff Curran (21.51)
- 265 lbs: Roy Nelson (30.48) over Mirko Cro Cop (27.03)
- 265 lbs: Matt Mitrione (50.40) over Cheick Kongo (29.79)
- 170 lbs: B.J. Penn (38.28) over Nick Diaz (30.66)
It’s amazing what happens when you take the main event away from a fight card. When the main event was Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit, this looked like a great card. Now, without the headlining title fight, it doesn’t look particularly bad, but there’s nothing special about it either. With that said, there are fights I’m looking forward to, including the main event, the co-main event, Hatsu Hioki’s debut… and I’ll admit it, I’ll be rooting for Mirko Cro Cop to deliver one last great victory.
The big underdog pick of the card
Is not a big underdog, but Danny Downes is somewhere around +175 against Ramsey Nijem, and Downes is my pick to win that fight.
SILVA vs. David Williams
Don’t take this one too seriously, because SILVA has these fighters rated extremely closely to one another, but I’m going against SILVA and taking Chris Camozzi to beat Francis Carmont.