My picks for this event are:
- Matt Brown over Erick Silva
- Lorenz Larkin over Costas Philippou
- Erik Koch over Daron Cruickshank
- Tim Means over Neil Magny
- Soa Palelei over Ruan Potts
- Chris Cariaso over Louis Smolka
- Rafael Natal over Ed Herman
- Kyoji Horiguchi over Darrell Montague
- Yan Cabral over Zak Cummings
- Eddie Wineland over Johnny Eduardo
- Nik Lentz over Manny Gamburyan
- Justin Salas over Ben Wall
- Albert Tumenov over Anthony Lapsley
PICKS TO DATE
Last Event: 6-4 (60.0%)
Year to Date: 100-51 (66.2%)
At UFC 172 I got a little adventurous and picked Yancy Medeiros to upset Jim Miller. That one didn’t work out great.
DEGENERATE GAMBLER’S CORNER
Last Event: +$0.20
Current Bankroll: $56.41
Total Investment: $140.07
Total Return: $6.41
Return on Investment: 4.6%
At UFC 172, only one of my four bets were winners. Fortunately, the $3.70 I won on Anthony Johnson was just enough to overcome the $3.50 I risked on Medeiros, Tim Elliott, and Tim Boetsch. The result is a profit of a whole 20 cents.
For this event I have:
Matt Brown +200: $2.00 to win $4.00
Costas Philippou +195: $2.00 to win $3.90
Daron Cruickshank +290: $2.00 to win $5.80
Neil Magny +225: $2.00 to win $4.50
Chris Cariaso +130: $2.00 to win $2.60
Manny Gamburyan +335: $2.00 to win $6.70
Yeah, I went a little crazy this time. I genuinely think there’s some value in all these lines, even though I picked against Philippou, Cruickshank, Magny, and Gamburyan. But let’s say only Brown and Magny win (for example). I still make a profit if that happens. I’m counting on at least two of these underdogs winning.
Mandatory disclaimer: I am NOT a betting professional and I do NOT recommend you follow my plays in any serious way. I’m doing this for fun and as an experiment, not a livelihood. If you make any bets, you do so at your own risk.
Best of luck and enjoy the fights!