UFN 43/44 Degenerate Gambler’s Corner
June 27, 2014
Posted by on
Once again, here are my picks for tomorrow’s UFC doubleheader:
UFC Fight Night Auckland
- James Te Huna over Nate Marquardt
- Jared Rosholt over Soa Palelei
- Hatsu Hioki over Charles Oliveira
- Robert Whittaker over Mike Rhodes
- Jake Matthews over Dashon Johnson
- Richie Vaculik over Roldan Sangcha-An
- Chris Indich over Vik Grujic
- Neil Magny over Rodrigo Goiana de Lima
- Ian Entwistle over Daniel Hooker
- Gian Villante over Sean O’Connell
UFC Fight Night San Antonio
- Cub Swanson over Jeremy Stephens
- Kelvin Gastelum over Nicholas Musoke
- Cezar Ferreira over Andrew Craig
- Ricardo Lamas over Hacran Dias
- Antonio Braga Neto over Clint Hester
- Joe Ellenberger over James Moontasri
- Carlos Diego Ferreira over Colton Smith
- Johnny Bedford over Cody Gibson
- Andy Enz over Marcelo Guimaraes
- Ray Borg over Shane Howell
- Oleksiy Oliynik over Anthony Hamilton
DEGENERATE GAMBLER’S CORNER
Last Event: +$1.35
Current Bankroll: $85.26
Total Investment: $185.67
Total Return: $35.26
Return on Investment: 19.0%
I got bailed out at UFC 174 by the judges giving Andrei Arlovski a decision victory over Brendan Schaub. I felt like Arlovski didn’t accomplish much of anything in that fight, and Schaub was the deserving winner… but the judges disagreed, making my Arlovski +145 wager a winning one. That was just enough to turn a small profit of $1.35.
For these events I have…
Mike Rhodes +250: $3.00 to win $7.50 – I think he’s a lot better than he showed in his debut against George Sullivan.
Hatsu Hioki +165: $3.00 to win $4.95 – He matches up well with Charles Oliveira in my humble opinion. His sound positional grappling should be a good counter to Oliveira’s wild attacking ground game.
Nate Marquardt +180: $3.00 to win $5.40 – Both fighters have fragile chins, with Te Huna’s size advantage being mostly canceled out by his cutting weight to 185 for the first time. This seems like a near coin flip to me.
Jeremy Stephens +215: $3.00 to win $6.45 – I think Swanson has the better ground game, but Stephens can hang with him standing, and this fight is likely to stay standing for the most part.
Mandatory disclaimer: I am NOT a betting professional and I do NOT recommend you follow my plays in any serious way. I’m doing this for fun and as an experiment, not a livelihood. If you make any bets, you do so at your own risk.
Best of luck and enjoy the fights!