NFL Degenerate Gambling – Week 5
October 1, 2014
Posted by on
With my degenerate gambling bankroll shrinking rapidly, it’s clear that I need to change what I’m doing. For the first time in a long time, my bankroll has fallen below its original level of $50.00… currently sitting at $49.57.
One of the changes I’m making is: no more degenerate gambling on every NFL game. Instead I’m moving to a method based on the Kelly criterion, using the 1/4 Kelly method to determine bet sizing.
Instead of betting the same amount on every game, I’m betting a different amount on a few games. We’ll see how well it works.
Here’s what I have for this week:
- New England Patriots +105: $4.43 to win $4.65
- Denver Broncos -335: $4.42 to win $1.32
- Atlanta Falcons +175: $2.59 to win $4.53
- Indianapolis Colts -185: $2.24 to win $1.21
- San Diego Chargers -300: $1.71 to win $0.57
I’ll be back later tonight for the TUF recap and tomorrow for some UFC commentary.